No-shave ways to get silky smooth armpits
Sugar and lemon juice
Sugar and lemon are well-known ingredients when it comes to fighting unwanted hair. They’re components of a sugaring paste – a wax-like substance that removes hair easily and for a long time. Though the process is painful, the results can last up to four weeks and it doesn’t cause as much ingrown hair.
By the way, if you add honey, you can easily make it in a microwave. For this, you’ll need:
• 1 cup sugar
• ¼ cup honey
• Juice from ½ lemon (2 tbsp).
Mix the ingredients in a bowl and stir until smooth, then microwave for two minutes. Take it out and stir every 20–30 seconds. Let cool before use.
Lemon is acidic, so it also acts as a bleaching agent, making your hair light and almost unnoticeable while also slowing down hair growth. Here’s a remedy that can help you out with this:
1. Take 2 tbsp sugar and ½ cup warm water.
2. Add 2 tbsp lemon juice and stir well.
3. Apply it to the armpits and leave for 20 minutes.
4. Wash off with warm water using slight rubbing motions.
5. Repeat 2–3 times a week.
If you use these two together, you won’t have problems in between your sugaring sessions, when your hair is becoming visible but isn’t long enough to pull out.
Milk and turmeric
Here’s another remedy to make your underarm hair grow slowly and get thinner every time. All you need is:
• 3 tsp turmeric powder
• 1 tsp milk.
Easy, right? Now mix these two into a thick paste and apply it to your underarms for 20–30 minutes until the paste is completely dry. When the time’s up, take a flannel, wet it with warm water, and rub the mask off with circular motions. After that, wash what’s left and dry with a towel. Repeat regularly for a visible effect.
Turmeric and baking soda
This remedy is really easy to make, and the results come faster than you’d think.
1. Add 1 part turmeric to 2 parts baking soda and mix it with water.
2. Add the water gradually while mixing the ingredients to form a thin paste.
3. Apply it to the armpits and let dry.
4. Rub the mixture away with your hands, then wash and pat the armpits dry.
Remember that turmeric has a bright orange colour, and your skin may change a bit, so be patient and prepare for more rubbing.
Egg white and cornflower
Have you ever tried a peel-off face mask? If the answer is yes, you probably know it’s more effective at removing body hair than it is at removing blackheads. So why not make this kind of mask for your underarms?
1. Crack an egg, pour the white into a bowl, and put the yolk away.
2. Add ½ tbsp cornflower, 1 tbsp sugar and stir thoroughly.
3. Apply the paste to the hairy area and leave until dry (yes, you’ll have to sit with your arms up, so be patient). After that, say bye to your hair and peel it off!